Have your car professionally tuned by Dino @ SpeedCircuit via email.
How it works
- Purchase this item. In the comments field, list the year and trim of your Evo X, along with every modification to the car which could effect performance. This includes, but is not limited to engine modifications, wheels, tires, intake, exhaust, weight reduction, fuel system, etc.
- Depending on the extent of your modifications, you may be required to pay additional fees for your tune. Items such as upgraded fuel systems, turbos, larger MAF housings, and so on will require much more time and calibration, hence, added cost.
- You will be emailed a starter tune. You will be asked to download this tune to your ECU and log certain parameters in certain conditions.
- Email us the logs, and you will receive an updated tune. The process of logging and updating your tune will continue until the tune is complete. An entry level tune will have a maximum of 15 versions for the above price.
Note: The tunes are the intellectual property of SpeedCircuit, and may not be shared with anyone without written consent. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that the car is mechanically sound. SpeedCircuit is not liable for any damages that may occur to your car. E-Tunes are done at your risk.
- Laptop Computer
- Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 Cable w/ EvoScan OR a Cobb Accessport
- If you wish to use the ECUFlash method of tuning but do not have a Tactrix 2.0 cable, you can either purchase one here or rent one from us in the options above. The rental fee for the cable is $179, of which $129 will be refunded upon the return of the cable in working order, within 14 business days. We will ship it to you at our cost, however the customer is responsible for return shipping.
- If you wish to use the ECUFlash method of tuning but do not have a laptop OR a Tactrix 2.0 cable, you can rent one from us in the options above. The rental fee for the combination is $699 of which $499 will be refunded upon the return of the laptop and cable in working order, within 14 business days. We will ship it to you at our cost, however the customer is responsible for return shipping. The laptop will include all necessary software required to complete the e-tune.
- A knowledge and understanding of how a car works mechanically, in order to be able to track down potential issues.
- If it is suspected that your car has mechanical issues, you will be asked to address them or have a professional do so. If you do not look into suspected mechanical issues, we will not be able to resume tuning your car until you do.
- An Innovate or AEM Wideband O2 gauge with logging cable (required for all non-stock turbo tunes). If logging with a serial cable, we recommend a plugable USB to serial adapter which is available on amazon. If you are going to log via an analog connection, which is the only current way to log via Cobb AccessPort, see here for wiring instructions.
- A boost gauge
- Det cans to hear potential knock with.
What to log
- Wideband (only if you have a wideband O2 gauge installed)
- Throttle Position (TPS)
- Baro (if required by boost)
- Timing Advance (ignition)
- Active WGDC Correction
- Odd Clutch Slip Speed (if tuning SST)
You may be asked to log more items as the tune progresses.
Please be sure to only do one full throttle pull per log. The pull should be from 3200-7000rpm unless specified otherwise.
Warning: E-Tuning requires that the driver of the car be aware of potential issues that may arise during tuning. This may include the car running lean, overboosting, detonating, or any other mechanical issues. If something doesn't feel right, take your foot off the throttle immediately and end the pull. SpeedCircuit, LLC is not responsible for any damages your car may incur! If you are not comfortable with this, please visit us for an in-person tune.
Expect an average of two new tune files per week. This will vary based on both our schedule and how quickly you can provide logs for the most recent update to your tune. There may be times where we may be unavailable, so on occasion there may be weeks where we are not available for e-tuning.
If you're not familiar with how to set up your car or computer to log or flash tunes on your car, or you need help with diagnostics, please check the Phone Support option.
Note: Once an initial base map has been sent to you, there are no refunds.